Bill Burks (CRD #: 2944992), a broker registered with Centaurus Financial, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 10, 2021.
On February 18, 2021, an investor alleged that Bill Burks misrepresented certain investments and that the investments had not performed as anticipated.
There is another fairly recent dispute that alleges misrepresentation. On May 15, 2018, investors alleged that Bill Burks misrepresented unsuitable investments. The investor sought $415,000; the dispute settled for $52,750.
On August 14, 2012, investors alleged that Burks mishandled their account. They further alleged that Burks executed transactions without their knowledge and that signatures on certain documents were not theirs. The dispute settled for $40,000.
Bill Burks’ Denied Disputes
There are three similar disputes on Burks’ records that were all denied. Investors take note: Firms can deny disputes before FINRA arbitration. “Denials” simply mean that the firm denies that their representative engaged in misconduct. They do not mean that FINRA has reviewed the dispute. Investors can still recover their losses following a denial.
- On January 27, 2019, an investor alleged that Bill Burks recommended unsuitable investments and misrepresented certain securities. The investor sought $32,000.
- On October 5, 2011, an investor alleged that his account was handled improperly. The investor sought $200,000.
- On January 22, 2010, an investor alleged that Burks failed to disclose the liquidity and surrender charges of a security. The investor sought $15,000.
Burks has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 7 states and a registered investment adviser in Texas.
Bill Burks has worked for the following firms:
- Centaurus Financial (CRD #: 30833)
- PFS Investments (CRD #: 10111)
If you worked with Bill Burks and you have questions about mishandled investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email email@example.com for a free case consultation.